The Equality Act 2010 introduced a single Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) that applies to public bodies, including maintained schools and Academies, and extends to certain protected characteristics –
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Gender reassignment
In fulfilling the legal obligations cited above, we are guided by the following principles
- All learners are of equal value.
- We recognise and respect difference.
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
- We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist
- We consult and involve widely
- Society as a whole should benefit
- We base our practices on sound evidence
For more information and our equality objectives please read our